William Karlsson scored twice including the overtime game winner and Marc-Andre Fleury earned his 100th win in a Vegas Golden Knights uniform with a 3-2 overtime win against the Anaheim Ducks Saturday night.
Karlsson’s second goal ended the game as he broke in alone behind the Ducks defense at 3:23 of overtime. After being hooked up on the backcheck, Karlsson still maintained the puck and deked to his backhand, sliding it past the outstretched left pad of Ducks goalie John Gibson.
Alex Pietrangelo also had a big night offensively for the Golden Knights, scoring once and setting up a beautiful goal by William Karlsson for his first of the night on a long stretch pass in the second.
falling for you 🙃 pic.twitter.com/QzK6RYHvLH
— Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights) February 28, 2021
Marc-Andre Fleury was his typically terrific self in net, turning aside 28 shots for his 100th victory in a VGK uniform.
Adam Henrique and Rickard Rakell scored for the Anaheim Ducks.
- The lack of a game Thursday was a nice rest for Marc-Andre Fleury, who was making his 8th consecutive start. Fleury made several tremendous saves including two big ones in the overtime to preserve the win.
- Marc-Andre Fleury also hit a milestone with the victory, marking his 100th win in a Vegas Golden Knights uniform.
- Alec Martinez had a rough night, heading down the tunnel twice after blocking shots during the game. A tremendous effort to be sure, but Martinez will be reaching for the ice packs tonight.
- William Karlsson scored twice for his fourth multi-point game of the season.
- Both of Vegas’ overtime wins this season have come against Anaheim.
- The new line combinations for the Vegas Golden Knights show a lot of scoring distribution, and even though it’s been only one game I’d expect head coach Pete DeBoer to give them some time to gel after what we saw tonight.