Marc-Andre Fleury continues his stellar play in net for the Vegas Golden Knights, posting a 30-save 1-0 shutout of the Colorado Avalanche on Sunday.
The game is the first of four straight between the two clubs and if this serves as any indication, it will be a closely contested mini series. Fleury was tested several times by the Avalanche but held strong.
Max Pacioretty scored the only goal of the game for the Vegas Golden Knights in the second period, beating Avalanche goaltender Philipp Grubauer low to the glove side with Mark Stone cutting in front to provide a screen.
The next meeting between the two teams will be this Tuesday night at T-Mobile Arena.
Vegas Golden Knights
- Marc-Andre Fleury continues his stellar play (something you’ll hear about much more from me shortly) and posted his 63rd career shutout. That puts him one behind Henrik Lundqvist for 16th all-time.
- Max Pacioretty’s goal is his team-leading seventh of the season.
- Vegas is now 10-2-1 and 8-1-1 at home this season.
- The game marked the first time this season the Avalanche has been shut out.
- Colorado had not played since February 2 due to COVID-19 protocols postponing games.
- Cale Makar missed the game with an upper body injury and is day-to-day.