The Vegas Golden Knights scored all three goals on the power play as they beat the San Jose Sharks 3-1 on Saturday afternoon at the SAP Center.
Registering one man advantage goal in each period, the Golden Knights power play had its best performance of the young season. Vegas hasn’t scored more than one power play goal in a game this season until today. Jonathan Marchessault, Mark Stone and Chandler Stephenson registered the goals for the Golden Knights.
Marc-Andre Fleury made his third consecutive start with Robin Lehner out due to an upper body injury, earning the win with 24 saves. Martin Jones took the loss for the Sharks.
- Nice to see the PP come alive, scoring a few goals in tight and Stephenson’s goal coming off a bit of luck generated by driving the net.
- It is just the sixth time in franchise history the VGK have scored 3+ power play goals in one game.
- Marc-Andre Fleury once again looked great for the Golden Knights, making big saves early when the VGK were trying to start the offensive engine.
- The Vegas Golden Knights will now play four in a row against the Colorado Avalanche, the toughest test on the schedule thus far.
- The Golden Knights still have not lost back-to-back games in regulation under Pete DeBoer.